WordPress is itself a very able CMS when we talk about SEO. Its been designed and coded to give its users an SEO-rich experience. But still, you can always optimize your blog to get the most out of it. Here are some quick tips.
3 WordPress SEO Techniques to Gain Maximum Positive Results
- Get a Premium Theme :- Get your self a Premium theme from some of the top class WordPress Premium themes sellers designers like StudioPress, Thesis or 8BIT. Trust me, I have used all of them and they all can work charm for your blog by making it work at its best potential. Sure they are available for a price, but that is quickly compensated by the benefits you gain. A search engine optimized theme can even eliminate the need for using SEO plugins though you can always use some to give a further boost.
- Keep the Slug Short and Keyword Rich :- WordPress automatically generates the slug or the URL your blog post will be displayed on. But its usually pretty long and may contain irrelevant words which are useless from SEO point of view. Its advised to keep length of the slugs to 3-5 words and use keywords related to that blog post. Make it short and to the point. You can even use long-tail keywords.
- Use and Optimize Images :- I manage to get around 20% traffic of the total traffic to this blog via Google Images. Use images as they add not only color to your WordPress blog, but it can also help you gain some targeted organic traffic. Use keywords of your blog text in the description and “alt text” of your images and they will rank higher in the image directories of search engines.
Here are some of the high class articles written at some of the highly successful blogs for your reference :-
- 3 Ways to do SEO and Improve Your Organic Traffic – JohnChow
- The Blogger’s Essential Guide to SEO- TentBlogger
- Search Engine Optimization Tips For Bloggers- ProBlogger
- What to Expect in SEO in the Coming Months- Matt Cutts
As a WordPress blogger, what techniques are you using to search engine optimize your blog? Do share with me.