Link building has been one of the most important part in the journey of any successful blog or website. Links are the paths which lead you from one place to another over the internet. Search engines use these links to determine how important a site is. More the number of links pointing towards your site are, higher will be your preference in the search engines and more will be the traffic to your site.
But as the time passes on, search engines keep on updating their algorithms to avoid spam link building techniques. A link building strategy which is highly popular today might become less important for search engines as time passes. Hence you need to be extra careful while choosing your link building strategy.
In this post I have concluded top five link building strategies which you can practice and work out for your site in 2012 without the fear of them getting outdated.
Best Link Building Techniques for 2012
- Go For Guest Posting :- Might sound a bit funny but nowadays posting quality content on other blogs and websites seems to be most favourite backlinking strategy of the search engines. They love it when they see a piece of awesome content written on someone else’s blog with a link back to your own blog. This also passes pagerank to your blog. One more big advantage of writing guest posts is the traffic which you receive from other blogs. This traffic can be converted into subscribers, readers and potential customers. Hence, you must write at least two-three guest posts a week to gain maximum benefits.
- Link to Pages Other Than Homepage :- This is one of the most underrated strategy for link building. You must link to pages other than homepage of your website. Though linking to homepage is also very important, you must not ignore your post pages and other resource pages like SEO tools for example. You can lookout for commentluv plugin as it allows you to link back to your recent posts in comments.
- Avoid Hitting Same Keyword :- You must not use your same main keyword as anchor text of your backlinks. For instance, if your main keyword is “make money online”, you can use other LSI keywords related to your main keywords like “online earning”, “earn online” etc. This saves you from being treated as a spammer by the search engines and help you to improve your search engine rankings.
- Involve in Conversations :- Whenever you see a piece of content of your interest, start and engage in a conversation with the author and other readers through comments. You might not notice but each time you put forward your views in the comments, you are creating a new backlink to your own blog or website. Also, it is a form of natural link building. Hence, you avoid the risk of being called a spammer again. Conversations build relationships with other bloggers which might find your views interesting and hence visit your blog and link back to it.
- Use Forums :- Forums too are ignored by some of the bloggers as an excellent tool to build traffic and backlinks to their blog. Forums are visited by those people who find great interest in their niche. Hence if you promote your blog at any forum related to your niche, you can definitely find some good targeted audience for your blog. Also, you can leave a link back to your blog in the signature of the posts which will create some high quality backlinks and traffic to your blog.
Building backlinks is a must if you want your blog to generate profits for you in terms of traffic as well as money. So pay attention to the above mentioned strategies and make them a part of your daily blogging.