We all as bloggers strive to build backlinks to gain traffic, popularity and targeted visitors to our blog. In the earlier days when I started this blog, I focussed more on content publishing and simple blog commenting for backlinking to keep my blog up and running. But it was soon when I realised that it was not enough. Then I turned towards some more powerful and effective tools to build backlinks such as guest posting and forum posting. So far I have been quite successful with my backlinking campaign, yet I would like to point out some big mistakes of link building which I committed and I would not like you to follow in the same foot steps.
5 THINGS TO AVOID FOR BACKLINKING
- No Articles :- Post Google Panda update, there have been a lot of rumours of article directories losing their value, traffic and popularity. It was true that some article directories such as Ezine Articles faced the hammer of Google Panda and lost its Pagerank, but the fact is that these sites tightened up a lot and got stricter with their guidelines and content acceptance. And so far the results are concerned, publishing articles to these sites can give you lots of quality traffic and high quality backlinks. Provided your content provides high quality information to the visitors. So never turn your eye away from this excellent medium of backlinking.
- Mass Backlinking :- Never ever go for mass link building. Search engines like Google hate such backlinking practices in which hundreds of links pointing back to a website are created in one day. There are chances that you may go down in rankings despite of an increase in the number of backlinks pointing to your site. Keep it simple and as natural as possible. Link only when you need to.
- Paid Backlinks :- Paid Links is one of the most dangerous form of backlinking in my view. At first sight, you may find it extremely comfortable to just pay and get backlinks created for you. But I would like to warn you that search engines are extremely cautious while indexing such links. Last I remember is that Google banned one of such paid link building services. Taking down all the backlinks created by them thus causing huge loss to its customers in terms of money and time.
- Profile Backlinks :- They once used to be extremely popular with search engines and people. But with evolving search engine algorithms and demand for high quality backlinks, their value has decreased. Profile links or signature links are no more considered as a good platform for backlinking. So do not waste much time on them.
- Only Text Media :- This new world is advanced and sometimes only text might not appeal as much to your visitors. Always keep in mind that you create backlinks not only to increase pagerank or for high rankings. You need backlinks to make people follow them to your site where you will be selling your stuff or doing whatever you want to. Hence I would suggest to look for more options like visual media which includes images and videos. Try creating video backlinks on Youtube and use images to get indexed in Google Images.
Before we end this blogging tip, I would like to hear your thoughts on how you feel backlinking should be carried out.