Many bloggers and website owners commit this mistake of over SEO or over optimization of their website. On one hand, where SEO is important for your blog to success and make money online, over SEO can lead to penalties or even ban from search engines. Thus special attention has to be paid out that you do not take SEO beyond the limits.
What is Over SEO?
You can call it spamming to a certain limit unless you are doing it unknowingly. You are over optimizing your site when you are stuffing or spamming keywords for which you want to rank high in the search engines. Basically, search engine spiders look for keywords in your content and rank your site accordingly in the search engines. Hence, using keywords is an important part of the SEO. But when you start using too much of the same keyword in your content to rank high, it can be termed as over SEO or even spamming by search engines.
Symptoms of Over-SEO
How can you know if your blog or website is being overly optimized? Well, there are some signs or symptoms you can look out for in your content.
- The content looks odd with same keywords used again and again. This gives an impression that you desperately want to rank high for that keyword.
- You are making your keywords bold so as to divert attention to them.
- You are not using LSI keywords for your main keyword. You are just using the same keyword throughout your content.
- Your blog post titles are stuffed with your main keyword.
- You are using the same keyword as an anchor text for all your backlinks. Backlinks are an important part of SEO and hence must not be spammed with keywords.
Search engines today are pretty much capable of identifying natural content and link building from the spam techniques used for SEO. No matter how cleverly you do it, search engines keep changing their algorithms and you will not be able to succeed in the long term. Hence it is really important that you go with only genuine SEO techniques so as to avoid search engine penalties. Keep coming back for more blogging tips.