We all know that one way to grow high in search engine rankings is to grow the number of backlinks to your blog or site. One way to grow links is to do it yourself by :-
- Writing articles, blogs and guest posts at various directories and blogs .
- Promoting your blog or website at social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Submissions to various search engines and social bookmarking sites.
Apart from these free strategies to grow backlinks, there is one more method which is being extremely popular these days. This method is known as paid linking. In this method, you buy links to your blog . Paid links are being used as it only costs money and no efforts at all.
You pay some person or some service for links back to your site and that is known as paid linking. If you have a strong budget then paid links are one of the options to get backlinks. But the main question is : Are paid links good for SEO?
If you ask me, I will say a big NO. There are two reasons for that :-
- Search engines can always identify the paid links from the natural ones. Also, Google has mentioned in it’s guidelines that buying links to gain pagerank is against their policies and doing so can negatively affect a site’s rank. Still if you are looking forward to paid links , the risk is all yours. Even if you go unnoticed by the search engines, the risk still will be there. You must not leverage your time, money and blog at the sake of hard-work.
- The second reason being a bit moral. People searching for content like to see only those sites at the top which have valuable content and information. Only those blogs or sites should be given top priority which have worked hard to build backlinks and content. Not those who try to reach on the top using money power.
Hence you also must not use this practice to gain links. Work hard and in time you will be rewarded.