I have seen many bloggers suffer from this problem of high bounce rate from their blog. So I decided to write some effective ways to bring down the bounce rate of your blog significantly. It is just another blogging tip which is part of the process to make money online. So let’s start.
What is Bounce Rate?
Bounce rate can be defined as the biggest hindrance in the success of any blog. Generally speaking, it is the percentage of visitors coming to your blog who bounce back from your site immediately without further browsing. Just like when you click the back button as soon as a website appears on your screen. There are many reasons but the main reason for which you bounce back from a website is that you do not find what you are looking for. Or you were presented something else in place of what you wanted.
A high bounce rate shows that your visitors are not showing much interest in your blog or website and you need to do something immediately . If you want your blog to be successful, then you must make your visitors spend some time on your blog. If they will keep bouncing back from your blog, you will never be able to make a mark.
Then How to Decrease Bounce Rate of My Blog?
Here are some things which you might be missing or which you can follow to make people spend more time on your blog.
- Keep Your Blog Clean:– Your visitors might be turning away because your blog is full of unnecessary stuff which is not required. People like to visit sites which are clean, simple and easy to browse through. Your blog-design plays an important role here.
- Watch the Advertisements:- Are you displaying too many advertisements on your blog? If yes, then you must take some steps to reduce them to a decent level where your blog does not appear over-promotional to your visitors. If a visitor comes to your blog looking for some valuable information and finds tons of ads instead, he or she will definitely bounce back from your site. Excess advertisements are harmful no matter what.
- Content is the King:- I need not say any more I guess. Your visitors will click the back button if your content is not upto the level of their satisfaction thus increasing the bounce rate.
- Make Your Blog Load Fast:- I have paid extreme attention in my earlier posts to how important your blog’s loading time is for your blog. If your blog takes more than 5 seconds to load, chances are really high that your visitors might turn away from your blog.
- Avoid Pop-ups:- This tip is based on my personal experience. I started using pop-up newsletter subscription for my blog and the bounce rate suddenly increased. May be the visitors do not like any hindrance like a popup. So, I removed the pop-ups within two days.
These are some simple and effective tips which you can follow and hopefully the results will be good for you. Do let me know what you are doing to engage visitors on your blog.