The success of your website will depend a lot on the niche on which it is being built and designed. According to me and as far as I have browsed the internet, the very basic motive or idea behind starting any website or online business is to generate sustainable income online. The niche of a website is extremely crucial as it is the one and only thing which motivates people to visit your site.
On my personal experiences, there are three possible scenarios which exist when you choose a niche and build website on it.
1. First possibility is that your niche is interesting enough to attract visitors and engage them with your site. In this case, you are definitely going to succeed in earning some handsome income online.
2. The second possibility is that your niche is not of interest to visitors or has a very small market of buyers. Then chances are that your website will fail to make any profits for you. In such cases, even quality content can fail to lift your site since there is rarely any population interested in your website.
3. A third and the most prevalent one these days also exists. Sometimes you just become the victim of too much competition in your niche and you fail to make a mark. Hence I always prefer niches which are not highly competitive in nature. Specially if you are new in this field, a highly competitive niche can turn out to be a big de-motivating factor.
Hence I have have here concluded three simple and straight steps to help you choose out a niche which can be really profitable for you once you build a website on it.
3 Steps to Choose a Profitable Niche
- Collect All Ideas :- Browse over the web and make a list of all the niches which have a profitable market online and for which there are some products available to promote. Products can be your own or from any affiliate network like Clickbank. You can use Google Trends to know about the latest hot searches or products in demand.
- Eliminate and Filter :- Next thing you would like to do is to short list the niches you listed out in the above step. Use Google Keywords Tool and eliminate niches which are receiving more than 40,000 and less than 5,000 Monthly Global Searches. Mark the search type “phrase” in the check box on the left.
- Select the One of Your Interest :- After step 2, there are two options for you. Either you can build one website for every niche or if you are just a beginner and want to have only one at a time, then you can choose the one which interests you the most and you are most passionate about.
That is it. Do not forget to make use of the special tools I have mentioned above.
Internet marketing using a website is all about hit and trial. You have to keep trying new things. Once you start making money online, the only thing you need to do is to do it again and again. That way you can easily make more and more profits from your niche. The only thing which you need to do right now is to start…