Both Blogger and WordPress have been the favorites when it comes to blogging. I started out with Blogger with my first blog being “How to Make Money Online Fast“. Then WordPress struck to my eyes as the best known CMS for blogging. Then I switched to WordPress Money Blog with Hostgator doing an excellent job in transferring my site from Blogger to WordPress.
So far, WordPress has come out as an excellent platform where I can blog according to my wish, design and even customize anything to anything!!!
WordPress is an Automattic invention whereas Blogger is owned by Google. Let’s take a look why latter lacks behind and why WordPress made a monopoly as the first choice among bloggers. (We are talking of paid-hosting version of WordPress, i.e., WordPress.org)
5 Reasons to Go With WordPress
- Unlimited Designs and Customizations :- WordPress offers you to create next to unlimited designs and customize your blog as uniquely as possible. This feature is absent in Blogger where there are only a few available templates and designs and you can find almost thousands of blogs similar to the design of your own.
- Complete Freedom :- Whatever you create with WordPress, is completely your choice and there are no restrictions whatsoever. You can create a blog or website from a pin to an aeroplane and there will be no one stopping you from doing so. But with blogger, there are always content restrictions which are monitored by harsh Google policies. One small wrong step and you may find your blog removed from Blogspot.com.
- Best SEO Features :- WordPress has been known for its out-of-the-box SEO features. It is the best CMS till now when it comes to optimizing your blog for search engines. As a proof, you will find that some of the top rankings blogs or websites have been created on WordPress. Though Blogger is also equally competent as their blogs get indexed by Google very quickly.
- Plugins :- This is where WordPress gets no competition from Blogger. With millions of plugins available at your feet to add unlimited functionalities and features to your blog, WordPress can give your blog unique look even among the thousands of blogs which are using the same theme or template.
- Better Growth Opportunity :- Believe it or not, if you want you business or website to grow to a bigger level, you need to look forward to the option of paid WordPress hosting. It takes only 1-click to install WordPress and get started.
I am not against Blogger as a CMS though. It too has some advantages of its own. Its free to use, easy to install, goes great with Google, the biggest organic traffic provider, adsense friendly and moreover, I wrote my first blog post with blogger.
Which CMS do you find better? Fell free to write the pros and cons of both.