This very morning, I received an email from Google+ team that now I can create custom URL for my Google+ profile now. I went through 3 simple steps and now my Google+ profile is available at : https://plus.google.com/u/0/+VineetSaxena/. This URL is much more neat, clean and easier to remember.
Just like Facebook offering user id which is unique for every user, Google+ also adopted this technique to make user id of every user unique and easily identifiable.
Eligibility to Get a Custom URL for Google+ Profile or Page
The minimum requirements for a person or individual to get a custom URL for his/her profile is :
- You should have minimum 10 followers for your profile.
- Your account should have a profile photo.
- Your account should be 30 days or older.
Eligibility for local Google+ business pages is that they have to be verified for creating custom URL.
For non-local Google+ pages, the page must be linked to a website to avail this opportunity.
Why you should create custom URL for Google+ profile now?
- Use your keywords in the URL. It gives your blog an SEO boost.
- Promote your blog as a brand by creating a custom URL for it.
- Makes it easier for your followers to remember and find your blog’s page more easily on Google+ as well as in search engines
We all know how much Google+ is important for a blog and hence we must use this chance to promote our blog to full its capacity on the social media site.
Have you changed your profile’s custom URL yet?