A few days back, I wrote a post on this very blog on how to create an Archives page for your blog. In this post, I will share some ideas to create an effective Sitemap page for your blog. Like an Archives page, a Sitemap page is useful for your readers to have an overview of not only what your blog has, but also your blog or site architecture.
A Sitemap page consists of:
- All the (static)pages on your blog.
- All the category-wise posts written on your blog.
- All individual posts on your blog.
As you can see, a Sitemap page is more like an Archives page. But both are equally important for the readers as well as the search engines. A Sitemap represents your blog-design to your readers. Also, it has good SEO effects and eases navigation and increases the usability of your blog.
Now there are again two ways to add a Sitemap page on your blog.
- Using Theme:- If your theme has inbuilt Sitemap template, then you can easily add the sitemap page to your blog. In your wordpress dashboard:
- Go to Pages-> Add New.
- On the right hand side, choose template as “Sitemap”, title the page as “Sitemap” and click Publish. You are done!!
- Using Plugin:- You can take the advantage of wordpress plugins to easily create a Sitemap page for your blog. You can use WP Realtime Sitemap to create a sitemap easily.
Thus you can use any of the above methods to add one to your blog. It will definitely help your blog overtime.None found.