A weblog is an online platform that is used to communicate to the public. It mainly focuses on one specific topic that ranges from food, travel, home improvement, web design, search marketing to business, technology, science, health and more.
Why Start A Blog
There are several reasons why you should start blogging. Here are some of them.
1. To express thoughts and share interests :- Even before the birth of the top social networking sites of today such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, blogs are excellent avenues to convey one’s sentiments. If you love travelling, you can document your journey through pictures and stories. If you enjoy cooking, you can post multiple food photos and upload your recipe collection as well. If you like photography, you can setup a photoblog featuring all the shots you have taken in the country or abroad. It is like a personal journal, only it is web-based.
2. To develop skills :- Do remember that blogging requires skills in writing. There are people then who use blogs as a training ground to be a better writer. As you blog regularly, your proficiency in writing equally improves. On the other hand, there are others who opt to do it to gain self-confidence. As you put your feelings into words, you discover more about yourself and realize things you probably have never known before.
3. To establish reputation :- Weblogs are not for personal use alone. Nowadays, they are often utilized in businesses as well. If you want to be known for your expertise in a certain field of study, weblogs are powerful medium to take advantage of. Being present in the community, providing answers to common questions are perfect opportunities to build your brand. The same principle applies if you want to create awareness and promote your products and services.
4. To help others :- Ever heard of “group blogs”? A group blog is basically the same as a regular one except that the former has several administrators managing the platform. The idea is that there are many contributor writers who publish content which makes it more inspiring to the readers.
5. To earn money from home :- When you become a blogger, there are so many avenues to explore that will help you earn money online and generate revenue. For instance, you can monetize by installing Google Adsense, Chikita or Infolinks advertisements within the post body or on the sidebar or choose to write paid reviews and sponsored posts.