Google PageRank is a really important concept you need to know about if you are a blogger. In my early days of blogging, I didn’t pay much attention to this important algorithm used by Google to rank pages in search results. Though I would like to make it very clear right from the beginning that Google PageRank is not the only factor involved in ranking pages.
So What Exactly is Google PageRank?
Google PageRank(PR) is a rank or marks given out of 10 by Google to a webpage based on the quality of content and the incoming links to that webpage. Google PageRank decides a lot where your webpage will stand in the search results. Though a higher PageRank doesn’t necessarily means higher rankings.
What Are the Important Factors Involved in Calculating Google PageRank?
- Inbound Links :- Each link coming or pointing to your web page is considered as a vote for your webpage. The quantity as well as the quality of the inbound links is crucial in determining the PR for your blog. A high volume of high quality backlinks to your site can give you a really decent Google PageRank.
- Nature of Link building :- The time duration during which the links were built to your site is always important. Google takes into account the time taken to build links, considering whether it was natural or using some bots or unethical means.
- Age of Your Website :- The older your website is, higher are its chances to have a high Google PageRank. Generally websites older than 2 or 3 years are considered to have a high authority.
- Content :- Though content is not taken into account when PageRank is calculated, it is an important factor in determining your SERPs. The more frequently you update your blog with fresh and quality content, more you will appear in search engine result pages.
How to Increase Google PageRank of your Blog?
Now that you have some idea about this PageRank, its time that you start working to increase Google Pagerank for your own blog using following ways:
- Never Buy or Sell Links :- Never try to sell links on your blog. Or never try to buy links on low quality websites as it will result in Google penalizing your blog for unethical link building. Try guest posting as the natural link building technique and your PageRank will grow eventually.
- Link Internally :- Backlinks from your own website are equally important as backlinks from other websites. Link internally to your webpages in your post. Use proper keywords as it will also help you in SEO for your blog.
- Social Bookmarking :- Bookmark and share your posts on social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+. It results in more backlinks from high quality websites giving your Google PageRank an additional boost.
- .Edu and .Gov backlinks :- Though getting backlinks from .gov and.edu websites can be tough task, but these can add a lot of PR juice to your blog as these websites are considered trustworthy and authoritative by Google.
- Gain Links from High PR Blogs :- Try and gain backlinks from high PR blogs in your niche. This is the fastest and safest way to increase your Google PageRank.
The highest Google PageRank a blog can have is 10 ans the minimum is 0 from where every web page starts. We currently have a PageRank of 2.