Every blogger and website owner worries about the Google rankings of his/her blog or website. Google rankings are the ranks given by Google to a site in the search results for a particular search query. The higher your rankings are for a particular keyword or phrase, more your site will appear in the results bringing in more traffic and sales.
It has never been easy to gain top spots in the search results. You need to work out some techniques on your blog to take it to the top. Here some techniques which you essentially need to follow to increase your Google rankings:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO):- You need to optimize your site according to the search engines. Make sure to always do keyword research for the type of content you are going to write. Search engine spiders crawl your blog looking for certain keywords. If your content is optimized and keyword targeted, you will certainly rank higher in the search results for that keyword.
- Backlinks:- Building backlinks to your site is really important if you want a lot of traffic and visitors to your blog. Without backlinks, you will not be able to make money online. Google keeps track of all the incoming and outgoing links of your website. Try to gain quality backlinks from high pagerank websites to gain credit in the search results from the search engines. More the number of quality links pointing to your site, higher will be your search engine rankings. Link your blog’s posts to each other. This also helps in circulating traffic throughout your blog.
- Social Bookmarking:- Submit your website to various social bookmarking sites. Google counts links from these bookmarking sites as valuable. Also, submission to these sites help in spreading your content and brings in more traffic in return. When Google spiders crawl these sites and find links pointing to your site, your rankings are automatically improved.
- The lighter, the better:- Keep your site design simple so that it loads fast. Your blog’s loading time significantly affects your Google rankings.
- Directory Submissions:- Submit your blog or website to various directories like Yahoo, Bing , Ask and DMOZ. Google will rank you higher if you are listed with these directories. You can also submit your blog’s URL to niche specific directories. There are many of them available on the internet.
Above are some easy techniques which if you practice consistently can get you high Google rankings in no time.