Technorati is the biggest blog search engine known on the internet. With over 100 million blogs indexed and listed with it, Technorati is much like Google. It has its own algorithm to index blogs and calculate their authority.Technorati is a California based company and has its own blog directory. As a blog owner, all you need to do is to submit your blog and go through a verification process which is easy and simple. Then they will review your blog and if they find it informative and useful, your blog will be submitted to their index.
Technorati uses “Authority” to rank blogs according to their rank and positions in their respective categories as well as their overall standings worldwide. Higher the authority of your blog, higher will be your rank. How to Make Money Online Fast@BloggingTips is also listed and indexed with Technorati. After being stuck below an authority of 200, today we have jumped to 403. May be the Technorati bot has re-indexed all the links pointing to this blog. Lets have a quick look at out Technorati Stats :
- Technorati Authority :- 403
- Overall Rank :- 7330
- Small Business Authority :- 579
- Small Business Rank :- 134
You can check our blog listings at Technorati here.
This means that we are under the top 150 of the all the blogs categorized under the small business. This is a great achievement for us. Isn’t it?
Benefits of High Technorati Authority
Now let us take a look at what Technorati can do for your blog :-
- Technorati has an Alexa Traffic rank of 1,335 which is extremely good. It is visited by thousands and thousands of people on a daily basis. If you have a high authority in Technorati, then you will appear more in the search terms in their blog search engine. Hence getting more traffic to your blog.
- Technorati has a Google Pagerank of 8. If you can get to their homepage by rising in authority, you will have a PR 8 high quality backlink pointing to your blog. It will help in bringing a lot of link juice to your blog.
- Plus you will be rewarded with high quality free traffic.
- Your most recent post get displayed under your blog listings in Technorati. Many people use this strategy to gain traffic to their sales pages and make money online.
- High Technorati Authority is a sign of high reputation.
How is Technorati Authority Calculated?
Well this question still remains unanswered. Though one of the most popular theory is that Technorati bot takes into account the number of incoming links to your blog and ranks you accordingly. But no one can refuse that content is one of the ranking factors too. If you do not update your blog consistently or if you have completely stopped updating your blog, you will soon see your authority fall back to zero. Content has always been the king and it always will be.