If you want to drive traffic to your blog from search engines, you need to pay special attention towards the SEO strategy you are using for your blog. I have listed out some useful SEO tips here for you.
In this another blogging tip, I am going to give you some more killer ideas regarding SEO which will help you increase your search engine rankings and drive quality traffic to your blog.
5 SEO Tips to Gain More Traffic
- Avoid Generic Keywords :- Never waste a backlink by using generic keywords like “click here” or “visit here”. You can use your variations of your main keyword as anchor text for the links you create. Search engines do not like phrases like “click here” etc.
- Using Podcasts :- Podcast is widely popular these days to gain and provide any kind of information. It has both audio and video content. You can use description or meta tags for every podcast which will help search engines to index it in their listing. This is an extremely useful technique to gain SERPs and thus traffic.
- Use Sitemap :- Create a sitemap for your site. One for search engines and one for the human visitors. A sitemap gives boost to the SEO of a website. You can have a look at one of the sample sitemaps for humans : http://makemoneyonlinefastplans.com/site-sitemap/ . A sitemap gives complete view of all the posts created by you on your blog or website. It helps you to distribute traffic to your newer as well as older posts.
- Give Backlinks :- This might sound a bit odd but trust me, this is the best thing you could do to gain maximum number of backlinks. SEO and backlinking strategies somewhat involve the concept of reciprocation. The more backlinks you give, the more you will gain for your own website. Just pay attention to the quality of the sites you are linking to.
- Content :- Last but not the least, content has been and always will be the king. There is nothing compared to the power of writing informative and killer content which has the ability to engage visitors on your site. Regularly updating your blog with fresh content will make search engines crawl your site more which will boost SEO and search engine rankings of your website. So always include content in your SEO planning.
What steps are you taking to improve your SEO? I would like to hear some suggestions and advice.