It takes a lot of efforts as well as time to gain a high number of loyal readership to your blog. Every blogger at some point of time, has to go through this stage of building a consistent and targeted traffic to his or her blog. In making efforts to achieve this, sometimes we may miss out on some really crucial and important must do’s which can result in less traffic and thus wasted time.
Here I have listed out some must do tasks which can gain you high quality and quantity of readers to your blog.
5 Must Do Things As a Blogger to Gain Traffic
- Consistent Blogging :- What else are you supposed to do as a blogger if you don’t blog regularly? Sometimes we get too involved or lost in building backlinks and traffic to our blog that we forget that we don’t update it for days, weeks or months. There is no law on how much and when to write. The basic rule is that whenever you write, write consistently. Still, updating a blog at least two times a week is advised keeping in mind the growing competition and tougher search engine algorithms.
- Always be Active in Replying Comments :- A number of times we feel lazy to reply to a comment which is short or is from some unknown blogger. This can harm your readership and may take away readers from your blog. Always actively reply to comments and follow them to their blog and leave comments on their blog. This acts a great method to build relations with other bloggers. (Also Read : How to Increase Blog Comment For More Traffic? )
- Internal Linking :- Ever wondered why Wikipedia remains on the top of search engine listings all the time? One reason is the high quality content that they provide and second being the intensity of internal linking they provide in their articles. When you link internally to you posts, it keeps your readers engaged on your blog and help them explore more and more in your blog. If your content is valuable, you have gained loyal readers.
- Add Images :- I still get 25% of my traffic via Google Images. Adding images not only makes your blog more appealing and expressive, it also helps you gain backlinks and traffic to your blog in the search engines. The images which you add get indexed by the search engines and you gain highly targeted organic traffic to your blog.
- Try Google+ :- After Twitter and Facebook, Google+ emerged as one another useful social networking platform. No doubts, Google does take into account the number of plus 1s your blog managed to collect from its readers. So, try to make your presence in as many Google+ circles as possible and you will definitely bring in more traffic to your blog.
You can guest blog on as many sites as you can because that will increase your readership and will make you and your blog popular amongst readers of your niche. (Also Read : 3 Strategies to Maximize Guest Posting Benefits)