Many bloggers suffer from this problem of finding content to write their next blog post. It is important for a blogger to keep updating his blog with quality content so as to maintain the traffic to the blog. In any case, you need to keep writing post on your blog and that requires you to be full of ideas related to your niche.
Though finding an idea for your next blog post can be tough sometimes. You may feel that now you have written everything you had on your mind and now there is nothing left. At this point, you need to brainstorm and look for more topics on which you can write your next blog post. Still if you do not get anything. then you can try the following things:
- Look For Similar Blogs:- Browse the internet for some more blogs or websites similar to your niche and search for some useful content on them. You will definitely find something which can be the theme of your next blog post. But do not just copy and paste from those blogs. Mix up your own ideas and then write new and fresh content.
- Browse the Comments:- Look for the comments on your own blog and others too. Sometimes the visitors raise a new issue or a topic in the comments. Hence you can find something on which you can write your next post.
- Ask Your Readers:- This is definitely one of the options when you run out of wits. You can ask your readers for their opinions on what they would like to read on your blog and about their interests.
- Choose Your Niche Wisely:- There some niches which are generally very limited and do not have much depth. Like “make money online” is a really huge niche and there are a lot of concepts and techniques involved. If your niche is very limited, then a point will come where you will have nothing to write and you will probably quit.
- Guest Blogging:- This technique is widely used nowadays to gain traffic to your blog and to keep it going at the same time. You can look for guest bloggers who would be interested to post on your blog. In this way you can ensure that your blog is regularly updated with fresh and unique content.
When I feel like I have nothing to write on my blog, I generally follow the above steps to look for ideas for my next blog post. What do you do when you have nothing to write? Do let me know.