Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! ……These have been my words ever since I have upgraded to Standard Theme v3.0. The 8Bit team released v3.0 on last Friday after the sunset of v2.0. And believe me, they have delivered their promise of creating the best premium theme for WordPress by creating this product.
Two days and I have been busy with customizations and still there are hundreds of features remaining to be added to this blog. This theme is a complete package straight out of the box so that bloggers can only focus on publishing quality content. The real benefit is for those who have a support license for Standard Theme. Trust me, they are so quick, precise and helpful in solving your problems and helping you with customizations in the support forums despite of being flooded with questions.
So let’s have a deep look at what this theme has brought to the table.
Standard Theme 3 Features and Content
- SEO :- Standard 3 offers the best Search Engine Optimized platform to its publishers. I remember when I first started using Standard Theme v2.8, within a few days I saw my search engine traffic increased manifold and has been consistent till now. The SEO audit of the theme has been done by the proclaimed SEO Expert and Consultant Joost De Valk. So you can always trust that search engines are gong to love this theme.
- Code By Automattic :- This theme has been designed to suit every core of the WordPress. Definitely nothing like ever before.
- Highly Responsive Theme :- Standard Theme 3 is highly responsive in terms of design and is ready for desktops, mobiles, thinkpads or whatever you operate it on. This theme has been built on Twitter Bootstrap and use HTML 5. This makes Standard 3 highly efficient in terms of design.
- Advertisements Ready :- There are six areas in this theme where you can just ad the code and you are done. In a major improvement from Standard Theme v2.8, you can display your ads in header, sidebar, below the post and in three columns of the footer area. Again there are three ad sizes available from small squares to large rectangles. So ultimately you need not install a plugin and slow down your blog just to configure ads.
- Activity Tab Widget :- This has been included exclusively in Standard 3 which displays the most recent posts, most commented posts, latest comments and the most used tags of your blog as a widget in your sidebar. You can have a look in the sidebar of this blog to have a glimpse. Once again this utility excludes the need of a plugin to display most recent and most commented posts.
- Social Influence Widget :- You can display your follower and fan count from Twitter, Facebook and other social sites using a drag and drop and highly customizable widget. A big boost to social networking of your blog.
- Ready Made Templates and Policies :- Standard Theme 3 offers inbuilt templates like Sitemap, Archives and Full-Width Pages. Also, they have created two policies of International standards and statements to help you disclose your terms and conditions to your visitors. For me it was a lot of work and time saved,
- Site Offline :- One of the most exclusive features and capability of Standard 3 is to take your site offline when doing customizations and other maintenance and get back online into fully functional mode when done.
- Logo and Headers For Branding :- You can design and use your own headers and logos to make your blog more of a brand than just a website. You can easily upload images via admin panel.
- Awesome Support Forums :- They at 8Bit have an awesome and dedicated support staff who are always willing and ready to help you with any kind of help you need related to your theme. You will definitely praise them once you will be a member of this forum.