After Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest emerged out as one another big social sharing network. The basic concept behind Pinterest is that images speak out more than words. I personally find Pinterest a lot more visual than some other social networks like Digg or Stumbleupon.
Earlier when Pinterest came into existence, it was not open for everyone. Their policy was of join by invite. Though now they have dropped this policy and it is now open for everyone.
Pinterest is being successfully used by many bloggers and internet marketers to increase their followers and make money online. Trust me, Pinterest can be a great source to spread your blog images like viral if you have a lot of genuine followers. By genuine I mean not fake(quite obvious). Not as in case of Fiverr where you can pay to get some followers for your profile.
So I have listed out some useful tips for you which you can follow to increase your Pinterest follower count significantly.
6 Techniques to Increase Pinterest Followers Ten Folds
- Stay Active and Post Regularly :- This is the best technique in my eyes to increase your followers. If you are regular in posting pins to your profile then you will definitely be able to attract people to your profile and they will follow you eventually. I was able to get 12-13 followers in my Pinterest profile in just a week. Though not a big number but was definitely a good start for me.
- Display a Follow Me Button On Your Website :- If you have a website or blog, then you can advertise or display your Pinterest profile in sidebar of your blog. I integrated a Pinterest Follow button in the sidebar widget of this blog and the results were quite impressive.
- Comment on Related Pins :- One more technique to keep your follower count consistently increasing is to interact. Find pins which you find interesting or related to your niche and leave a good interactive comment. I generally look to follow someone who leaves a valuable comment on my pins and most of the times they follow me back too. Its a great method to increase network on Pinterest with people who have similar interests and niches.
- Always Include a Description :- Whenever you pin any image on your boards, always include a description talking a little about your pins. The more and better you describe your pins, more people will read it and will follow you.
- It’s Not About Only Your Website :- If you keep posting only your website or blog’s images on Pinterest, people will think of you as a traffic-greedy person. Try to pin everything you find informative and useful. Never stick to your blog only.
- Keep Following :- I have said it earlier too that what you give is what you get. Many people follow you back as a token of thanks for following them. So it is always advised to find people having similar kinds of boards or pins on Pinterest and follow them. You might even get some loyal followers who are interested in your content and your profile.
In my next blogging tip, I will talk and discuss some ways how Pinterest can be used to make money online and generate income. Till then you keep working to increase your Pinterest follower count.