Affiliate marketing is being used by many internet marketers and bloggers to generate huge income out of their websites. Just by selling other people’s products in return for a commission, people have made fortunes worldwide.
What is it that it takes to succeed in affiliate marketing? It’s true that being a successful affiliate is no child’s play. A lot of time and effort has to be put in to actually make some profit out of campaigns.
In addition to your efforts, some tools are required to run your affiliate marketing campaigns successfully. The list could be endless as every marketer tries different tools to generate sales and thus income. Yet, I have tried to list down 5 basic tools that you must include in your tool box before starting as affiliate.
5 Must Have Tools For an Affiliate Marketer
- Link Cloaking Software :- This is the first and the foremost thing you must keep on your checklist. You always need to cloak your affiliate links so as to avoid commissions thefts and increase your conversion rates (Read : Use Link Cloaking to Increase Your Sales). As a WordPress blogger and user, I would suggest using MaxBlogPress Ninja Affiliate. This is the all-in-one and the all-you-need affiliate link cloaking plugin for WordPress.
- Affiliate Link Trackers :- You must track the performance of your affiliate links so as to increase your sales and make more profit. Though MaxBlogPress handles this task efficiently, you would still need a complete link tracking system to measure your demographics, bounce rate and to know more about your visitors and customers. Link Trackr is one such complete affiliate link tracking system.
- Autoresponders and Squeeze Forms :- Squeeze pages are a favorites of affiliate marketers since a very long time. Though old-fashioned, they still work like a charm and help you gain tonnes of leads and customers. With squeeze page comes the need to have an autoresponder to do the email marketing to your leads. You can choose different squeeze page generators and autoresponders. I would suggest using AWeber as it is the best email marketing solution available right now. You can try it for as low as $1 for 30 days.
- Niche Specific Domain Name :- It always gives you an upper hand if you have a self-hosted website with niche specific domain. Its always advised to a bit of keyword research before deciding on the niche of your affiliate campaign and even before choosing your domain name.
- A Successful Affiliate Program :- I don’t know why I left that to the last. If you are not on the side of a great affiliate program, you might be wasting all your efforts. The payout should be high enough so as to cover the investment and time you put in your campaigns.
3 Must Read Articles on How to Succeed in Affiliate Marketing