Most people have the notion that all bloggers earn huge money all the time. Yes, it’s true that a lot of them are great writers who make money by blogging but some of them do not know how to use their name to showcase their services to market their services to other employers.
- Personal branding- People think about it all as about “me” and “how people see me”. But there are a lot of things to know about personal branding, how it works, what you should do about it and what you can get from it. What you should know about personal branding is that it is actually tricky and quite difficult. Experts in personal branding characterize it with so many different ways. The definition for personal branding is still evolving in ways of personal branding changes.
- Competition- Personal branding is all about showcasing yourself and making you stand out. The challenge is that, it is not only you who has a say about yourself. People around you are also allowed to have a say about you and your reputation. While businesses are finding out ways on what to do with the amount of consumer info online, which includes blog posts, product reviews and many more, personal branding is now becoming the total of everyone’s view point, word of mouth and a company’s self description. Personal branding is not just a combination of what speaks of you but the overall comments of other people as well.
- Information- Branding started in the Mad Men era in the middle of the century. And mediums used were the radio, TV’s, prints or ads. The information was for the consumers and that was how they broadcasted their products on a very large scale. Example, Coca-Cola had “refreshing” in their ads; sure it was and got people’s attention as well as the idea that it is a refreshing drink. In today’s world, is so easy to find the truth about certain products advertisement just by using the World Wide Web. The same thing applies for personal branding. How people view your products or services will be part of your brand. Nowadays, people everywhere, employers, competition and especially clients, will be searching the internet for you and the reputation you hold and they will see both negative and positive comments about you.
- Your brand- Some businesses have confirmed that they no longer “own their brand”, which means that the business brand shapes what it really is. Your personal branding efforts are now open to the public and to any conversation in the internet. But this does not mean that your brand is now out of control, however, you will still be responsible for everything about it. This will include how you manage and keep your reputation, and how you deal with the issues that your brand is encountering. Accepting the fact that you will not be able to please everyone is important, and it should not get you down. You have to learn how to deal with it and improve your image.
- Keep on going- If you take your time and do a little research, you will get tons of information about personal branding and some of it will actually help you boost yours. Boost your income with blogging by showcasing yourself and coming up with your own unique personal brand.
Personal branding will define who you are and how you manage what you do and how good or bad it is. Put some effort in building your name to earn more with blogging.